7/23/09
Daraja Dogma...
On Tuesday, I saw pure joy. It was in the eyes of 24 orphaned children from Africa. They are innocent children who have experienced more pain and hardship than I want to imagine, yet they have something that we all strive for but rarely find. It's a joy that's completely unexplainable, yet absolutely undeniable. Unexplainable because I couldn't understand how a child with nothing could have something so invaluable, but undeniable because I could see it on their faces. They just get it...they get what life is about because they have nothing but their faith. To those who live in a country where 20% of children do not reach the age of 6, faith in God is much more than a religion, even more than a relationship; it's a life-line, it’s hope.
I realized something else this week...contrary to popular belief, you can get ejected from a beach flag football game at a Christian camp. Now, I know what you're thinking...there is no way a counselor would ever do something to get thrown out because that would be a terrible influence on the students...my B.