7/24/09

I Defended Driving...

Recently, I received the gift of a speeding ticket. I know what the next question always is when you hear that...how fast were you going? The answer...fast enough to not even entertain the idea of trying to get out of it. The whole my wife's in labor bit, or the classic bees in my car skit (probably doesn't work for speeding) would not have saved me. So, of course, I am now a student of the ever informative defensive driving class where I have learned such nuggets of common sense as:

-If it's raining, use your headlights.
-If your brakes give out, sound your horn.
-If one of your tires blows, stop driving.
-If your hood suddenly flies up, slow down.

I know what you're saying, but don't worry about me. I have passed every quiz so far which is kind of a big deal since I did fail the class when I took it 5 years ago...I like to think they've dumbed it down since then).

What's ridiculous is that since I got caught speeding a month ago, I resolved to change and am even taking a class as a reminder, but I still find myself speeding practically everywhere I go. Why is that? And why do I do this same thing in every area of my life?