Alright. So most everyone knows about my epic survivor man fail during my last trip to Maine. The one where I spent a single night in the wild, and thought I was going to freeze and starve to death. Well, this year is going to be different. I have been preparing myself for months by researching native plants to eat, effective traps to set, and sturdy shelters to build (most of this research consisted of watching the survivor man tv-show). But more important than research, they say 92% of survival is mental. So to prepare mentally, I precociously entered survival mode 5 days ago. Why did I do this? I really had no choice. For the past week I have been living with 5 girls. Yes, 5. Girls. Talk about a foreign environment...I have realized a pretty profound thing this week. Though I never thought I understood women, I'm now convinced I never will (I think they pride themselves on this). I will never understand why women can need all those things on their bathroom counter, why women have to eat on trendy looking dinner plates, why women wear weird multi-colored socks, why women don't like to eat the same thing for dinner 3 days in a row, how women are able to talk about 20 different things in one conversation, or how women can watch tv without a remote (speechless). I have found myself wondering things like this quite often the past few days as my second survivor man experience is just around the corner. I feel like this mental preparedness of being alone in a strange girl environment has increased my mental stamina and improved my chances of staying in the wild for more than a day this time. I mean I have survived 5 girls for a week now...I would like to see Bear Grylls do that.