There's a question that stirs in my heart. It's very simple yet has kept me up this week because it scares me. And it's not the answer that's haunting...it's the question itself. My heart idolizes things of this world. I know that to be absolutely true in my life. So the question is when will I release my grip on these painted beauties for the affectionate embraces of the glory of Christ?
The disturbing part is simply that I have to ask the question. Why do I cover up the canvas of Christ's glory with painted beauties? Things that make the canvas look like abstract art open for interpretation rather than a fundamental truth in my life. Sometimes those painted beauties are really good things in and of themselves like a desire for knowledge on God. But that desire can easily and unknowingly become paint that hides the canvas. I should be consumed with experiencing God over learning about Him. Consumed with highlighting the canvas instead of hiding it.