As sad as it is I'm positive my actions would not be based on the mere knowing when the rapture would take place but would depend on how soon. As that day grew closer my idolizing earthly things would slowly fade away as a passion to love the lost would take its place. I mean I might actually seek out an unbeliever and tell them of the beauty of salvation in the hopes that they might be saved from the eternal lonliness that is hell. What an incredible thought. But, no, for some reason I truly believe the rapture is soon, yet my actions lack any hint of passion for the lost. It's so counter-intuitive i really can't begin to rationalize it even to myself. Something is wrong. No wonder Christ doesn't say when He will return. We are to live with a constant eternal mindset. Live with the same fervency and passion for the lost as I would if the rapture was tomorrow because one day it will be. And what a sad day that will be for our neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family who will forever feel apart from God and completely alone. May these uncertain times inspire us to love the lost.
10/7/09
What's the Big Deal...
As sad as it is I'm positive my actions would not be based on the mere knowing when the rapture would take place but would depend on how soon. As that day grew closer my idolizing earthly things would slowly fade away as a passion to love the lost would take its place. I mean I might actually seek out an unbeliever and tell them of the beauty of salvation in the hopes that they might be saved from the eternal lonliness that is hell. What an incredible thought. But, no, for some reason I truly believe the rapture is soon, yet my actions lack any hint of passion for the lost. It's so counter-intuitive i really can't begin to rationalize it even to myself. Something is wrong. No wonder Christ doesn't say when He will return. We are to live with a constant eternal mindset. Live with the same fervency and passion for the lost as I would if the rapture was tomorrow because one day it will be. And what a sad day that will be for our neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family who will forever feel apart from God and completely alone. May these uncertain times inspire us to love the lost.