I'm getting a tattoo. Joel beat me to getting a tattoo, and it has inspired me to take the plunge. I had been thinking about it for awhile but have hesitated because before I actually did something that I can't easily undo, I wanted to have some sort of a reality check on the big question of why.
Initially, I feel my intentions were rooted in some sort of weird rebellious thing or self identity thing. For some strange reason, I am attracted to that rebellious look that people with tattoos have. It's probably the same reason most girls are attracted to rebellious guys. There is just something innately in all of us that seeks the idea of rebellion. This is a random thought but isn't it funny that once you attain that rebellion in the form of a person, place, or thing it never really satisfies you. You always need to feed that rebellion. Could this be why it's so hard for most people to just get one tattoo? Anyways, I am aware of this attraction, but I really feel that this tattoo isn't feeding that aspiration for a rebellious identity anymore.
My motives are true, so the only thing keeping me from it is just one small detail...what exactly do I want to have permanently on my body?